Friday, July 31, 2009

Professional Teeth Whitening - Dental Trays?

I'm wondering if anyone got a mold of their teeth and gels from their dentist to whiten their teeth. I'm curious how well it worked (I'm looking to achieve movie star white teeth) and how long the results lasted. I'm also wondering how easy/difficult the trays are to use, and the length of time you had them in each day.





Finally, what specific gel did you use? Nite White? Bravo? And what strength - 16%, 22%, etc.?





*Please respond only if you've had professional whitening done, not over-the-counter agents, like Crest Whitestrips.*

Professional Teeth Whitening - Dental Trays?
I've tried them all, strips, in office bleaching, and always go back to my trays. The others just don't last and I like the fact that I can touch up whenever I feel they need to be done. And yes, they do get you to the movie star white, my shade is at a B 0 if your familiar with the shade guide. I always get complements on my teeth being white. As for the results, it takes a couple of weeks depending on how dark your teeth are to start. Usually it's two weeks of about an hour a day then you just touch up every 3-4 months using the trays one day for 30 min's to an hour if needed after that. I've gone 6-7 months at a time without touching up. Something to consider is that with the in office bleaching you don't get the trays and solution to do this with either. The trays aren't really noticable when you wear them for bleaching. I usually do mine when I'm showering and dressing for work. They are easy to use, comfortable, you hardly notice you have them on. The solution last a long time, I've had my last syringe for nearly 2 years now. If you keep it refridgerated it last a lot longer. And you can always get the solution from your dentist. What could be easier? I'm using the Nite White at 22% right now but have used others at lesser strength at different times. It just depends on what we have at the office as to what I use. They all do a good job, some may cause a little sensitivity. You just use them less time or reduce the percent of solution to reslove that problem. Hope I've given you all the information you need to get you going. You won't be sorry, I've been doing mine for over 15 years now and still love it and recommend it. Good luck!



pearl necklace

No comments:

Post a Comment